Reporting to the Assistant Laundry Manager, the incumbent position will be responsible for supervising the efficient and economical process of all guests and in-house/outside laundry or dry cleaning requirements. In the absence of the Assistant Laundry Manager, he/she will be fully responsible for the management of the Laundry Section.
- KEA score of minimum 85% is achieved.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Report faulty equipment, maintenance needs, and safety hazards to manager/supervisor.
- Train employees on all laundry procedures, including safety procedures and equipment operation.
- Verify that laundry requests are completed for each department as needed.
- Operate and monitor washing, dry cleaning, and drying machinery.
- Supervise the operations and distribution of the linen, the recording of floor linen distribution and F&B linen returns whilst ensuring compliance with hotel policies, standards and satisfaction of internal and external guests.
- Forecast room linen requirements based on occupancy and coordinate with outlet Managers the daily linen requirements for outlets to meet operational needs. It also involves the planning of large functions and or events.
- Organize, train staff on daily job operations and follow up to ensure that training is effective.
- Conduct an annual inventory of all linen and a monthly F & B and room linen inventory. Maintain par stock level in order to respond to operational needs.
- Coordinate with Floor Supervisor / Assistant Laundry Manager re-periodical washing / dry cleaning of bedroom linens such as duvet, bed pad, bed cover and curtains including repair and replacement.
- Check quality of laundry processing of uniforms and linens sent for washing and inform Assistant Laundry Manager any deviations from standard. Coordinate with Laundry – test washing of materials for linen and uniform.
- Control and monitor linen discarding. When appropriate, recycle to avoid wastage or arrange repair job or recommend new purchase. Record keeping of discarded linen and recommend their replacement.
- Assist the Assistant Laundry Manager in the preparation of the budget for the linen and uniforms.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- 3 years supervisory experience in a modern, full service laundry operation within Hospitality industry or commercial laundry
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Extensive knowledge of modern laundry equipment operation and production capabilities
- Knowledge of laundry chemicals, usage and safety related requirements