To support the Head Chef to a 4* standard. To develop each product area to be the first choice within their own market segment. To control, train, motivate, develop & sustain the required standards.
junior sous chef duties and responsibilities can include:
- Supporting the head chef or executive chef in the general running of the kitchen.
- Managing the kitchen staff, including setting the rota, and handling disciplinary and HR issues in the absence of the head chef.
- Leading a team of chefs in cooking and preparing meals, including checking food quality and overseeing cooking techniques.
- Taking responsibility for more technical elements of cuisine.
- Training junior chefs.
- On-boarding new employees.
- Designing / helping the head chef to create food and drink menus.
- Working within specified budgets.
- Ensuring the kitchen meets high standards of quality.
- Completing food hygiene documents to comply with the law and writing environmental health reports when necessary.
- Establishing strong relationships with staff in other areas of the business, including managers and front of house teams.
- Deputizing for the head chef in their absence.
- Being the voice of the kitchen when communicating with waiters and bar staff.
- Ordering supplies and negotiating with suppliers.
- Managing inventory and keeping control of stock.
- Organizing produce and ensuring strict adherence to food hygiene regulations.
- Supervising all food preparation.