The candidate should be able to grow business volumes by bringing events to the club and taking the lead role in directing restaurant/club operations, organizing events and marketing operations management to deliver a delightful experience.
Standards of Performance
- Strategic Focus.
- Spearhead Marketing Strategies & Brand Creation 3. Meet budgeted targets.
- Financial Accountability.
- Team Building
General Manager Job Responsibilities
- Develops and implements the strategic plan, Entertainment plan, budget and Goals program to ensure on an on-going basis optimum guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability.
- Manages the function of all restaurant personnel through supervision of second in command and, directly or indirectly, of Unit departmental heads.
- Monitors present and future trends, practices and systems in the hospitality industry and determines ad ensure execution of competitive programs.
- Conducts weekly inspections and ensures physical facilities are kept in optimal condition by full implementation of preventive maintenance programs and judicious planning.
- Is responsible for security and safety of guest and employees and ensures emergency procedures are established, well publicized, practiced and enforced.
- Established and maintains effective internal communication including weekly department head meeting to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with owning company and keeps fully aware of its organizations and operating structures.
- To be fully aware, and ensure your teams awareness of :
- Licensing regulations and laws.
- Employers Fire Safety regulations.
- Health and Safety regulations.
- Food Safety regulations.
- HACCP regulations.
- Ensures highest level of guest satisfaction by providing, within corporate standards, quality guest services and amenities.
- Participates actively in selling their restaurant/Club through personal involvement with all potential markets.
- Contributes to TH growth by identifying and communicating potential development opportunities.
- Plan with the marketing department effective themes that meet required financial performance.
Purchasing and Finance
- Monitors purchasing practices to ensure compliance with TH policy and procedures
- Approves all purchases in liaison with the controller and the procurement officer.
- Expenses all company expenditures in accordance to the Procurement SOPs.
- Performs other assignments as defined by the needs of the property or as directed by the HR/CEO.
- Cash Flow Management.
Qualifications for the General Manager Job
- Bachelors/Diploma in Hospitality with a bias in F&B from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Events/Project Management an added advantage.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in the hospitality industry (CLUB SET UP).
- Strategic Focus with good business acumen.
- Conversant with the Restaurant POS (point of sale) system.
- Good Communication/presentation skills.
- Good understanding of all items contained within the menu’s and wine lists.
- Good knowledge of the products in hospitality industry.