Directly supervises all front office personnel and ensures proper completion of all front office duties. Directs and coordinates the activities of the front desk, reservations, guest services, and telephone areas. Prepare monthly reports and budget for front office department.
REPORTS TO: General manager
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trains, cross –trains, and retrains all front office personnel.
- Participates in the selection of front office personnel.
- Schedules the front office staff.
- Supervises workload during shifts.
- Evaluates the job performance of each front office employee.
- Maintains working relationships and communicates with all departments.
- Maintains master key control.
- Verifies that accurate room status information is maintained and properly communicated.
- Resolves guest problems quickly, efficiently, and courteously.
- Updates group information. Maintains, monitors, and prepares group requirements. Relays information to appropriate personnel.
- Reviews and completes credit limit report.
- Works within the allocated budget for the front office.
- Receives information from the previous shift manger and passes on pertinent details to the oncoming manager.
- Checks cashiers in and out and verifies banks and deposits at the end of each shift.
- Enforces all cash-handling, check-cashing, and credit policies.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings of front office personnel.
- Wears the proper uniform at all times. Requires all front office employees to wear proper uniforms at all times.
- Upholds the hotel’s commitment to hospitality.
- Prepare performance reports related to front office.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate variance, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count. Monitor selling status of house daily. Ie flash report, allowance etc.
- Monitor high balance guest and take appropriate action.
- Ensure implementation of all hotel policies and house rules.
- Operate all aspects of Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis, and simple configuration changes.
- Prepare revenue and occupancy forecasting.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Monitor all V.I.P ‘s special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily front office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review Front office log book and Guest feedback forms on a daily basis.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases, vouchering, schedules, forecasts, reports and tracking logs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- The ability to work and communicate effectively with the general public, other members of the team and with all levels of management
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- The ability to remain calm and effective under pressure.
- Team player
- Good IT skills
- Ability to carry out risk assessments
- Good command of the English language is essential, both written and verbal
- Adequate knowledge of personalized services principles and processes
- Experience with needs assessment techniques, quality standards and satisfaction evaluation techniques
- Guest service orientation and drive
- Excellent problem resolution skills along with outstanding communication and active listening skills
- Highly responsible and reliable with a professional presentation
- Proven working experience as guest relations officer.
- Minimum of two years of hotel front desk management experience
- Experience in handling cash, accounting procedures, and general administrative tasks
- Familiarity with industry’s latest trends
- Proven experience in established bar, restaurant, conference or banqueting business
- People management/team leader experience with the ability to motivate and inspire performance.
- Experience of being both a team leader and team member with proven ‘people skills’
- Good general level of education
- Degree in Front Office Management or any other related field
- Basic Food Hygiene
- First Aid
- Health & Safety
- Supervisory Training
- Customer Care
Flexible towards hours of work