Our client is currently looking for an Executive Chef Residences Nairobi.
- To oversee the kitchen and stewarding operations of the Hotel
- Ensure all menus are accurately costed, have standard recipes and presentation photos
- All new menu items to include service staff education and tasting
- In conjunction with the Food & Beverage Manager look at new potential revenue streams including outside catering opportunities.
- Daily monitoring of the Food Cost to ensure monthly targets are achieved without undermining the agreed product quality
- Ensure you have a presence in our outlets and interact with guests during service and ensure this practice by the Executive Sous or Sous Chef in your absence
- Adhere to and monitor departmental operating expenses as per departmental budget and forecast.
- Full compliance with local municipality HACCAP standards and certification.
- To interact with Food & Beverage and Sales & Marketing to ensure hotel guest receives high level of service
- Review and monitor departmental work schedules, oversee that departmental payroll is in line with budgets.
- Ensure that staff scheduling is done effectively and in line with business demands
- Train and develop the kitchen and stewarding team in the departmental operating standards
- To drive the performance of the kitchen and stewarding team members, including completion of performance appraisals, coaching counselling and performance management in conjunction with Human Resources
- To lead and support employees in the achievement of financial, operational and service delivery targets via effective organizational policy and procedural development and appropriate employee training activities
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging employees to continuously deliver the best possible service and to provide feedback and suggestions
- Implement checks and controls for each and every food delivery for quality and proper storage
- Actively review guest comments and feedback, communicate this with the team members and implement procedures to enhance guest satisfaction