He / She is responsible to assist the stewarding manager to enforce the highest possible cleanliness and hygiene standards in all food processing facilities, as well as the operating equipments. Main responsibilities include dish room operations, night cleaning, back area cleaning and equipment’s maintenance, banquet plating and food running.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the duties of all stewarding department employees, facilities, operation and costs.
- Supervise the sanitation, cleanliness, hygiene as well as the quality level of product and services.
- Ensure Back of House areas are maintained to the highest cleanliness standards and cleaning schedules are followed and completed.
- Direct and assist Stewards in order to make clean up more efficient.
- Ensure water temperature, and chemical levels are appropriate for cleaning and documented.
- Assist with Banquet plate-ups and buffet by transporting and ensuring adequate stock.
- Assist Chefs and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed.
- Check more specifically the proper use of chemicals and washing accessories.
- Coordinate with the Stewarding Manager in establishing minimum and maximum operating par stocks and supplies and approve storeroom requisition.
- Co-ordinate with the Assistant Food & Beverage Manager and Outlet Managers to check their requirements for the day and the next day.
- Assist in the location, movement and storage of banquet operational equipment.
- Assist in the stock take of equipment and other items as required.
- Work closely with the Chef, Banquets & Catering Manager to anticipate guest needs.
- Work with all departments to ensure items that are required for service are available when needed.
- Take all necessary actions to reduce the loss of silverware / flatware.
- Take all necessary actions to reduce breakage of China and Glass wares.
- Supervises employees ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Enforces proper cleaning routines for service ware, equipment, floors, etc.
- Enforces proper use and cleaning of all dish room machinery.
- Ensures all food holding and transport equipment is in working order.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensuring Stewarding staffs have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Prepare monthly reports on shortages in china silverware and equipment and requisition replacements as required while following budget guidelines.
- Lead and manage the Stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure standards are followed.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serves as a role model for the stewarding teams to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the Hotel’s Management.
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, respectful individual with good cross cultures sensitivity and a concern for quality and an eye for details. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and enjoy working with a multi-cultural team, while possessing following additional competencies:
You should ideally have a 1 or 2 year diploma in hospitality with previous experiences in the Stewarding Department within a hotel. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, along with strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities are essentials. Computer knowledge in Microsoft office applications is required.
4 years experience in the procurement, food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area or Previous leadership experience in a Stewarding department.